Gender responsiveness of the national evaluation system of Benin: Results and Recommendations
A consultant was recruited to finalise the diagnostic study of the national monitoring and evaluation system (NMES) of Benin. The objective of the activity is to improve the quality of the diagnostic report of the responsiveness of Benin’s national monitoring and evaluation system in relation to gender and to propose a budgeted action plan project to improve it. Specifically, the study included the following tasks:
- Examine the existing study report;
- Collect of additional data;
- Refine the existing report;
- Develop strong recommendations based on the results of the study;
- Propose a draft budgeted action plan for the implementation of the recommendations. Based on the results and recommendations from the assessment of Benin’s national monitoring and evaluation system, a multi-year action plan was developed to improve NMES in relation to the different criteria for gender integration. This report is an English translation of the theory of change, results and recommendations. The full background and methodology can be found in French full report. Additional notes on the methodology are found in the three-country synthesis report.